Kealan Patrick Burke - Guests Suntup Artist Edition
A child who can turn your reality into an unspeakable nightmare. A monster from childhood with wire-hangers for hands. A baby blanket that will suck the breath from your lungs. And a tour bus full of elderly visitors in search of a new life—even if it isn’t their own. These are the guests that occupy the mind of author Kealan Patrick Burke. Now, he invites them into yours.
Guests is a collection of four novellas by Kealan Patrick Burke, complete with new introductions to each story and illustrations by the author himself. “Jack and Jill” is a harrowing story of childhood trauma and how the scars it leaves behind can manifest into adult-sized nightmares; “Sour Candy” is a twisted and unnerving tale of psychological terror that holds readers as captive as its characters; “Blanky” is an emotionally charged study of loss, grief and rage; and “Guests,” a brand new story exclusive to this collection, is a chilling exploration of what makes a monster, what makes us human, and how the weak will always run rather than face their own reflections.
In each of these four novellas, Burke shows us that real horror lies in life’s tragedies. Guests is Kealan Patrick Burke at his most hauntingly lyrical and original, with four fear inducing tales of terror that will leave readers breathless.
The Artist edition is limited to 750 copies with a dust jacket illustrated by Kealan Patrick Burke. It is a full cloth, smyth-sewn binding with two-hits foil stamping. It is the only edition of the three with the dust jacket, and is signed by artist and author Kealan Patrick Burke. The edition is housed in an embossed paper covered slipcase with an acrylic coating.
Hailed by Booklist as “one of the most clever and original talents in contemporary horror,” Bram Stoker Award-winner Kealan Patrick Burke was born and raised in Ireland and emigrated to the United States a few weeks before 9/11. Since then, he has written six novels, among them the popular southern gothic Kin, and over two hundred short stories and novellas, including “The House on Abigail Lane”, which is currently in development as a TV series.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 424 Pages.
- Limited to 750 copies.
- Full cloth, smyth-sewn binding.
- Two-hits foil stamping.
- Three novellas: "Blanky," "Sour Candy" and "Jack and Jill."
- A brand new, never before published novella, "Guests."
- New exclusive introductions to each novella by Kealan Patrick Burke.
- Thirteen full-color illustrations by Kealan Patrick Burke.
- Dust jacket featuring wraparound artwork by Kealan Patrick Burke (the only edition featuring the dust jacket).
- Signed by Kealan Patrick Burke.
- Printed offset on archival Cougar Natural.
- Housed in an embossed paper covered slipcase with an acrylic coating.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.